Pilot Fly-In Information
Important information for pilots flying into the Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show, Sunday, April 30:
- The airport field will be open all day except for 11 to 11:30 am and 1 to 2 pm when it will be closed for flyovers and demonstrations.
- A minimum of 1,000 feet AGL is required in overflight regulation areas in California’s National Marine Sanctuaries along the coast adjacent to, north and south of KHAF. Stay safe, help wildlife & stay within the law: http://farallones.noaa.gov/eco/seabird/pdf/khafpostcard.pdf
- There will be a temporary tower operating the day of the event from 8 am to 4 pm. Frequencies are: 127.9 Ground and 126.4 Tower.
- Please refer to the Half Moon Bay Airport website for airfield information and to be informed so you are in compliance with noise abatement procedures: http://publicworks.smcgov.org/noise-abatement-procedures-half-moon-bay-airport
- There is a special display area for those interested in showing their aircraft (there is no aircraft display fee, but there is a $25 admission fee to see the rest of the show).
- There is aircraft parking available for those flying in but not showing their aircraft (there is a $25 admission fee to see the rest of the show).
- The display area designated for show planes will be made available on a first come-first served basis. So, it's best to arrive early if you want to secure display space.
- Please be aware that some of the aircraft will be without communications.