Pilot Fly-In Information
Important information for pilots flying into the Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show, Sunday, April 30:
Temporary Ramp & Ground/Tower Frequencies During Event Only:
- The airport field will be open all day except for 11 to 11:30 am and 1 to 2 pm when it will be closed for flyovers and demonstrations.
- A minimum of 1,000 feet AGL is required in NOAA Regulated Overflight Zones along the coast adjacent to, north and south of the Half Moon Bay Airport (KHAF). Flying the coast at or above 1,000 feet AGL also avoids disturbing sensitive wildlife. A particularly sensitive seabird colony is located ~two miles northwest of KHAF and is highlighted in red on this map: http://seabirdprotectionnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/KHAF-Map_9.pdf
- Temporary Air Traffic Control Tower will be operating on Ground/Tower frequency 126.4 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM local time during the Pacific Coast Dream Machines event.
- HAF Pilots Association will provide parking instructions on Frequency 127.9 for transient and display aircraft. Follow marshaller hand signals, monitor Ramp frequency in transient/display parking area.
- Please refer to the Half Moon Bay Airport website for airfield information and to be informed so you are in compliance with noise abatement procedures: http://publicworks.smcgov.org/noise-abatement-procedures-half-moon-bay-airport
- There is a special display area for those interested in showing their aircraft (there is no aircraft display fee, but there is a $25 admission fee to see the rest of the show).
- There is aircraft parking available for those flying in but not showing their aircraft (there is a $25 admission fee to see the rest of the show).
- The display area designated for show planes will be made available on a first come-first served basis. So, it's best to arrive early if you want to secure display space.
- Please be aware that some of the aircraft will be without communications.