Important information for pilots flying into the Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show, Sunday, April 26:
Airfield will be CLOSED for Air Show: 11 am – 12 pm local
Airfield will be CLOSED for Air Show: 1 – 2 pm local
Check NOTAMs for temporary frequencies during event.
- The airport field will be open all day except for 11 am to 12 pm and 1 to 2 pm when it will be closed for flyovers and demonstrations.
- Temporary Air Traffic Control Tower will be operating on a temporary Ground frequency and Tower frequency from 9 am to 5 pm local time (except for closures noted above) during the Pacific Coast Dream Machines event. Check NOTAMs for temporary frequencies.
- A minimum of 1,000 feet AGL is required in NOAA Regulated Overflight Zones along the coast adjacent to, north and south of the Half Moon Bay Airport (KHAF). Flying the coast at or above 1,000 feet AGL also avoids disturbing sensitive wildlife. A particularly sensitive seabird colony is located ~two miles northwest of KHAF and is highlighted in red on this map: http://seabirdprotectionnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/KHAF-Map_9.pdf
- HAF Pilots Association will provide parking instructions for transient and display aircraft. Follow marshaller hand signals in transient/display parking area.
- Please refer to the Half Moon Bay Airport website for airfield information and local noise abatement procedures: https://publicworks.smcgov.org/pilot-info-guide
- There is a special display area for those interested in showing their aircraft (there is no aircraft display fee, but there is an admission fee to see the rest of the show – $25 in advance or $30 at the gate for adults (age 18-64), $15 in advance or $20 at the gate for ages 11-17 and 65+, and free for kids 10 and under with paying adult.
- There is aircraft parking available for those flying in but not showing their aircraft but there is an admission fee to see the rest of the show – $25 in advance or $30 at the gate for adults (age 18-64), $15 in advance or $20 at the gate for ages 11-17 and 65+, and free for kids 10 and under with paying adult.
- The display area designated for show planes will be made available on a first come-first served basis. So, it's best to arrive early if you want to secure display space. Display space is not guaranteed.